We offer Tri Ethyl Ortho Formate.
It is used in the production of co-polymers, esters, amides, methacrylates, acrylonitrile, maleates, vinyl acetate, vinyl chloride, vinylidene chloride, styrene, butadiene and unsaturated polyesters. Its physical state and appearance is in the form of colorless liquid. It has 0.02% moisture level that offers it long shelf life.
- Soluble in water
- Blocks the area easily
- Easy to mix with other chemicals
Physical and Chemical Properties:
|Physical state and Appearance :||Colorless liquid|
|Color :||Colorless. Clear|
|Boiling Point :||143°C (289.4°F)|
|Melting Point :||-76°C (-104.8°F)|
|Specific Gravity :||0.891 (Water = 1)|
|Vapor Density :||5.11 (Air = 1)|
|Vapor Pressure :||0.4 kPa (@ 20°C)|
|Solubility :||Soluble in cold water, diethyl ether. Solubility in Water: 1.35 g/l (decomposes). Soluble in alcohol.|
|Purity % :||99 min|
|Ethanol % :||0.4|
|Methyl Formate % :||0.1|
- Triethyl Orthoformate (TEOF) is as organic intermediate for pharmaceutical.
- Triethyl Orthoformate (TEOF) is the material of synthesizing antimalarial chloroquine and quinoline piperazine.
- Triethyl Orthoformate (TEOF) can also be used in polymers, photographic chemicals, antihalation dyes and agrochemical.
- Triethyl orthoformate is an orthoester of formic acid. It is commercially available. It may also be prepared from the reaction of sodium ethoxide and chloroform:
- CHCl3 3 Na 3 EtOH → HC(OEt)3 3/2 H2 3 NaCl
- Triethyl orthoformate participates in the Bodroux-Chichibabin aldehyde synthesis
- Store in a segregated and approved area. Keep container in a cool, well-ventilated area. Keep container tightly closed and sealed until ready for use. Avoid all possible sources of ignition (spark or flame). Moisture sensitive.
- Keep away from heat. Keep away from sources of ignition. Ground all equipment containing material. Do not ingest. Do not breathe gas/fumes/ vapor/spray. Avoid contact with eyes. Wear suitable protective clothing. In case of insufficient ventilation, wear suitable respiratory equipment. If ingested, seek medical advice immediately and show the container or the label. Keep away from incompatibles such as oxidizing agents.